Over the past year, the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) and its global Board of Trustees embarked on a project, titled Envision 2020, aimed at identifying a way forward for the industry by shining a light on the best practices and themes shaping retail real estate.
The report includes details on:
- Unification of Bricks-and-Mortar and Online Retail
- Unprecedented Intimacy with the Consumer
- Conversion of Shopping Centers Into Communities
- Mall Environments that Engage Millennials
- Incorporating Distribution Into Shopping Centers
- Accelerated Developer–Retailer Collaboration
- Emergence of a New Blended Rental Model
- Arrival of a Retail–Friendly Investment Outlook
See the detailed ICSC report on the future of shopping centers.
[…] International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) published a report a few months ago, on the future of shopping centers. Retail is a key driver of the growth of real […]